Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

On 10/1/07 17:23, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 10/1/07 14:57, in article
,
"Gary Woods" wrote:

"Cat(h)" wrote:

Jerusalem artichokes are yummy - never mind fashion and flatulence.

They're native, I believe, to the Mohawk River valley of upper/central
(New) York. The native tribal types used them for winter food, which

must
have made the lodges interesting on a winter's night... I have a nice

big
patch of them that is bent on world domination. Yes, they are gassy.

No,
I don't care.

snip

I make soup with them and it doesn't seem to be such a problem!

It is if you give it to the dog (I speak from experiance!)

Gasp! (Probably) I would never give my artichoke soup to the dog - if
nothing else, I'd gorge on it myself. I love it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk