Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

I don't usually read gardening magazines, but the other day I read Anne
Swithinbank writing about starting broad bean Aquadulce claudia, in 9cm pots
in the greenhouse. I am giving it a go, and for the first time ever, have
steadfastly sowed a couple of dozen there, indoors (!) a few days ago.

When they grow I'll ask her 'round for dinner ;-)

Does anyone here start broad beans under glass?

Keith

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

Des Higgins wrote:
How many plants did you do; how long ago did you plant them and what
variety?

The broadbeans I grow are Jubilee Hysor - fat yummy pods on sturdy
plants and Sutton broad beans is an experiment as it is said they're
great in an 'exposed' garden (I suspect it's because they're a dwarf
variety). I sow at the beginning/mid March, when I find a dry day, 15cm
apart, 20 per 2x row. Though lots of people sow in the autumn. I find
it usually too wet up here in Manc.