Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected] TurnagainArm@hotmail.com is offline

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:

snip

I confess I don't really care. I correct them when they tell lies
about
my
industry, but as far as I am concerned if they don't want to eat meat,
fine,
there are an increasing number of people out there who do
Terrorism is merely terrorism, and we have jails for people who commit
that
sort of offence

It must have been a careless admission that you are with the meat
industry. I long wondered why some people attack animal rights
advocates and those who speak out against cruelty to animals on
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian. I also suspected that the intensity of
those attacks are driven not by any conviction but by pure self
interest of those who profit from the horrible suffering of animals
produced by factory farming. Animals as living, feeling, suffering
creatures mean nothing to the likes of you who try to justify your
cruelty on helpless animals for your profit margin.

yawn
I'm honest,

Was it honesty or just a careless slip?

I'm the one who has the courage to post under their own name, I'm not so
ashamed of my opinions that I hide my ID

It is not a question of being ashamed but it is the unfortunate fact
that we have too many nut cases who like to harass those they disagree
with. I used to post under my real name but found that even moderate
positions can make some crazies go after your family.

which is more than can be said about those animal rights
activists who were paid by an Irish meat factory group to protest against
live exports out of ireland.

That would also be deplorable.

fortunately most people out there know that the sort of person who digs
up
your granny if you don't agree with them is not the sort of person you
can
trust to tell you the truth on anything else either

I don't care about your or anybody else's personal life but I have
for some time been wondering about the canned posts some people are
putting out and they did look like meat industry shills to me.

And people should care about that exactly why?

People who have a vested interest in the meat industry are more likely
to lie about what goes on the factory farms and slaughter houses.

One has
to wonder why some people would personally attack you and call you
names just because you express your concern for animals unless they are
connected to the meat industry.

you attack me with no knowledge of my life,

Not really. Tell me what it is that you consider an attack?

I love animals and it bothers me that
they suffer and the least I can do is to make sure that they do not
suffer on my account. For some reason, there are a number of people on
this list who hate people for showing concern for animals. Is that
because they know that what they are doing is wrong and must silence
those who remind them of it?

no, it's because they get fed up of a lot of ignorant saddos repeating out
of date information

I do not trust those with vested interests in making a living off of
animal cruelty.

But never mind, the world over meat eating is increasing, because
countries
where poverty has forced people into vegetarianism are becoming more
prosperous and the people are eating meat

They will all be driving cars and demanding all the western type
conveniences also, soon turning our planet into a ball of dirty used up
garbage dump.

too late, it already happened.
The biggest damage agriculture has done to the planet is feeding people in
cities and letting them turn the place into a festering dirt ball

Jim Webster