Old 18-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Bonsai Today Credits

In a message dated 2/17/2003 4:34:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

What is this, "Bonsai Today," is it a good magazine? I'm new into this and
thought I'd start by signing up to this email list, which has been
informative. Thanks.

~Tony

"Good" is a matter of opinion. "Bonsai Today" is the official
publication of Bonsai Clubs International. It costs about $35 per year to
join the organization and get six issues of the magazine. I think they spend
too much time on rocks and conventions and might not renew the next time.

To also respond to the question on "credits." There might be good
reason not to identify the owner of a tree as that might be an invitation to
theft. However it would nice to know more about a tree in the magazine such
as species and time in training.
If the person who styled it is not the current owner that information might
also be shared. However, I don't think I would want my tress put on display
with my name and they are not that valuable.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++