Old 24-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Dave Millman

Default Unable to detect rise in nitrate with PMDD.

Scott Rogahn wrote:

I have made my first batch of PPMD using the recipe at

http://www.nfis.com/~hartland/aqua/pmdd.htm

I used Grant's Stump Remover for potassium nitrate, Epson salt for magnesium
sulfate, and sulfate of potash for potassium sulfate. I did not use the
Chelated Trace Element Mix. However I do use Flourish Iron and Trace.

Scott,

Without a trace fertilizer mix, you are missing the whole point of PMDD. In the
Seachem line, Flourish Trace is something else entirely, which unfortunately
creates a vocabulary problem. If you are trying to create a complete fert mix
using Seachem products, you want just plain Flourish.

So you are dosing a bunch of nitrate, sulfate, potassium and Iron, but missing
most of the rest of the major Micronutrients.