Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected] TurnagainArm@hotmail.com is offline

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I only wish that it was true but unfortunately there is nothing to make
up about all the horrible cruelty associated with factory farming.

but the only evidence you have is what comes from those who make a living
out of selling that story
These who somehow neglect to mention that all farms get cross compliance
inspections from government agencies on a regular basis, and also they
neglect to mention that if they have a case, then the RSPCA will be round
there pretty damn quick to deal with it, and the RSPCA enthusiastically
prosecutes.
So how many of these cases they have produced have resulted in RSPCA
prosecutions, or any sort of prosecution?

They are purely scam artists conning a gullible public for their own
financial gain

Count me as one of the gullible public.

fair enough

There is a big difference
between what the government with meat industry input considers cruel
and what most people of reasonable caring does.

except the democratically elected government acts on the behalf of the
public in this matter

We got the best government money can buy. Lobbyists' influence must be
restricted before we can have true representative democracy but that is
another topic.

Perhaps you just think that most people don't care

They would care if they knew what goes on inside factory farming and
slaughter houses. I wonder how many people would buy meat if some of
the photos and videos of animal abuse were displayed next to the meat
counters.