Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default The Eden Project.

shazzbat wrote:
An opportunity has arisen for us to spend some time down that way at the
end of Jan/early Feb. I assume that being largely under cover it's pretty
much OK any time of year, any disadvantages to going in winter?

And any info about where else is good nearby, and places to stay would be
appreciated.

Then for your next break consider the National Botanic Garden of Wales.
It's far less plastic-dependent and media-schmoozing than Eden. It also
has what I think must be the most beautiful greenhouse on earth,
housing a fascinating collection from Mediterranean climates.
http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/en/51.html

--
Mike.