Old 24-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Phisherman

Default Can I Use Leftover Lawn Fertilizer from Last Year?

On 24 Mar 2003 07:37:29 -0800, (Jeffy3) wrote:

I use the 4 step program from Scotts and my lawns are not big enough
to use the whole bag, so I have all 4 bags left over from last summer.
They've been in my shed. Can I use them this spring and summer?

Yes you can use them. Problem with saving fertilizers is that they
can absorb water and cake up. BTW, Sams Choice or K-Gro brands are
just as good as Scotts, but less money. Where you can't go cheap is
grass seed. If you want to give your lawn a real treat, alternate
feedings with an organic fertilizer.