Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
MattMika MattMika is offline

Default Cucumbers

On 11 Jan 2007 07:58:12 -0800, "higgledy" wrote:

Each year my cucumbers produce well for about 4 weeks then the get this
whitish stuff on the leaves and the vines die off. What is this diease?
Is there anyway I can prevent it and extend the cucumber's productive
period?

Try researching he
http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/cucurbit/cuke/dscntnts.html
Matt Mika

"These animals evacuate ethyl alcohol from their bowels and carbon dioxide from their urinary organs. Thus, one can observe how a specially lighter fluid is exuded from the anus and rises vertically whereas a stream of carbon dioxide is ejected at very short intervals from enormously long genitales."

Justus Freiherr von Liebig - 1839