Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

Sue wrote:
Or you could avoid having to go inside and take off your muddy gardening
shoes (or slippers!) and just keep a handy bucket out in a shed or
garage. ;-)

--
Sue

Sue, there is a risk of being seen!!! Can you imagine the milman, I
saw that there Mrs. Lea squatting on a bucket" - Dear me!!!!

I was staying in an hotel in Northern France (which we had stayed at a
few times before) one winter for a short break with my husband and I
was feeling so ill with a cold that I told him to go down to the bar
and have a drink and that I would get myself ready slowly. I was
shivering with a temperature so I decided to take a hot bath. As I
laid back in the bath, the bedroom door opened, in walked Edward, and
one step behind him the owner of the hotel. with a large medicinal
Cognac (which I hate) in his hand - My husband and he stood in the
doorway to the bathroom, whilst I slipped under the water and with just
my head peeking out, I said "Oh Thank you but I feel quite ill so could
you both go away please". The hotel owner advanced a step instead of
retreating and as only my eyes were visable by then - he held out the
cognac and out snaked my hand from under the water, took the cognanc,
downed it in one go and gave him back the glass. I did not make it to
dinner that night.

Judith at home in England