Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Now brooding over bantams.

On 11/1/07 22:43, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Years ago he had a bantam - sweet little thing. It used to fly at

him,
spurs at the ready trying to attack every time he went near it. In

the end
he had to carry a tennis racket with him and swat it to the other

end of the
run before he could get the eggs!

:-)) Years ago I had a rooster that did the same thing to me. I
called him Darryl after a swaggering but good looking fellow I worked
with who had a similar rooster-like focus on women.

I once had Darryl fly at me and rip my calf to shreds. Unfortunately
for Darryl there was piece of 4x2 lying next to me when he attacked
and I swung it and knocked poor old Darryl unconscious. I thought I'd
killed the poor thing but he came to and was as good (or is that as
bad?) as ever. I eventually had to do him in because he was so
dangerous but he got the final revenge as he was as tough as an old
boot.

I wonder if the OP is still going to get some dear little bantams.....
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk