Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
pearl pearl is offline

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

"Jim Webster" wrote in message ...

"pearl" wrote in message

except that they are still eating more and more meat

Some are. Others, many millions, are starving because land that had
supported them sustainably for generations was expropriated by and
for a meat-eating 'wealthy elite'. You ignore it, because -you- 'profit'.

sure, and explain how I profit out of meat production in china?

I didn't say that you profited from meat production in China.

'.. two-thirds of all soybeans and meal imported into the UK came
from Brazil, the primary source of non GM soy in the world.
http://www.pgeconomics.co.uk/pdf/PGE...ments.01.p df

'In Central and South America, ever-increasing amounts of land
are being used to grow soya beans and grain for export - to be
used as animal feed. In Brazil, 23 per cent of the cultivated land
is currently being used to produced soya beans, of which nearly
half are for export (13). The Oxfam Poverty Report explains that
the subsidised expansion of the EU's dairy and livestock industry
has created a huge demand for high protein animal feedstuffs and
that the demand has in part been met through the expansion of
large-scale, mechanised soya production in Brazil. Smallholder
producers of beans and staple foods in the southern part of the
country have been displaced to make way for giant soya estates.
Soya has now become the country's major agricultural export,
"however, it is a trading arrangement which had proved
considerably more efficient at feeding European cattle than
with maintaining the livelihoods of poor Brazilians." (16)
...'
http://www.viva.org.uk/guides/feedtheworld.htm

And I hardly think the Chinese shopper who buys a live chicken and takes
it
home and wrings the neck of the animal themselves is going to worry about
whether it was killed in a heartless and industrialised fashion

These people are eating more meat, Chinese government planners are
ensuring
that they have the output to supply people what they want

Chinese planners are worried. You posted the following on 09 January,
(it's from: http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=35910 ).

exactly, and they are worried that they will not be able to provide them
with enough meat, so are making sure they can

By abandoning an alternative fuel, and increasing imports of grain?
Grain from where? See what you snipped. What you've ignored.

they aren't worried about a long of whinging westerners, if they want a
bizarre ideology they already have one, they don't need yours

What "bizarre ideology" do I have? A healthy diet? Food for all?
Recovering and thriving wildlife and ecosystems? Oh, excuse me!