Old 12-01-2007, 04:47 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.family
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default i wrote... NOW X-POSTED

In article ,
gardenlen wrote:

not sure chookie,

waht i mean is they are the way they are due to peer pressure not
because we where baby boomer parents who thought they should have
everything, quiet the opposite they developed all these wasteful ways
since leaving home, now we are trying to get them to think different
but not winning i tell you.

Which is more what I was getting at. I should have been clearer in that I
don't think boomers have deliberately brought up bratty kids or something --
but *something* in the boomer mindset, perhaps the independence of thought,
has led the kids to be more selfish than their parents/grandparents. Perhaps
it's just 2-3 generations of privilege and relative peace?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue