Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.family
[email protected] brucef@eudoramail.com is offline

Default i wrote... NOW X-POSTED

Chookie wrote:
Which is more what I was getting at. I should have been clearer in that I
don't think boomers have deliberately brought up bratty kids or something --
but *something* in the boomer mindset, perhaps the independence of thought,
has led the kids to be more selfish than their parents/grandparents. Perhaps
it's just 2-3 generations of privilege and relative peace?

I blame it on Dr Spock.

Interestingly, there are no baby boomers in my family.
My mother was born in 1940, just prior to the boom.
I was born in 1967, two or three years after the generally
accepted end of the period. Well I think it is interesting
anyway...