Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default i wrote...

In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Apart from the energy expense there is the damage to the ocean environment
caused by slurping in water at a particular point and expelling extremely
salty water somewhere else.

The situation of slurping is not a problem, millions /Billions of litres
are removed by the sun each day.

That's evaporation, not a big hole that sucks the water in like a vaccuum
cleaner. At least, I'm assumingg they'll use a pump of some sort.

by evaporation of salty water, the issue of very salty water being
pumped back could be easily solved, as the by product called salt is in
demand. I'm sure that various salt producers would be only to happy to
co operate in obtaining this waste product.

That would mean *complete* evaporation. Not sure if that's how it's going to
operate (operational details are a bit thin on the ground).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue