Old 12-01-2007, 06:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Planting now

In article ,
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Mixed Heirlooms from Diggers. Be interesting to see if the orange

one comes
up.

Can you report back on how these go please? I think we all should do
more of that here on a regular basis as sometimes it's really hard to
know which producers sell good seed and which regions they do well in.

Sure. I find that because Diggers are Victorian, they think in terms of
Mediterranean climate patterns. My heat and cool zone numbers per Diggers
theoretically allow me to plant peonies, for example -- but no, they don't
cope with our humid summers. Sometimes I find the packet planting guide a bit
out, but I generally find their seeds reliable.

Not many people think that - I do too but it's the same with poor old
parsnips which most people hate. Fresh parsnip is devine (salivate,
salivate).

I have them coming up by themselves now! Yum!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue