Old 12-01-2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
kaspian kaspian is offline

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

On 2007-01-11 21:39:46 -0500, Carl 1 Lucky Texan said:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Mainly I discover little toys and playthings my son Tristan tucked in
everywhere, especially during his days of playing with those little
green plastic soldiers. I get a really wistful feeling these days when
I come upon one of his secret forts secreted under a hedge somewhere.

Then there's the occasional long-lost garden implement. I'm still
holding out hope of rediscovering an old Bulldog trowel that I've never
quite found a satisfying replacement for.

--

Wundern kann es mich night, das unser Herr Christus mit Dernen
Gern und mit Sündern gelebt, geht's mir doch eben auch so.

I can't be surprised that our Lord, Jesus Christ, liked to hang out
With sinners and harlots.* That's how it is with me, too.
* -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832