Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Berlooody foxes!!!!!!!

"Stuart Naylor" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
"Stuart Naylor" wrote in message

I'd never heard of a Maremma before, they seem to be very large.

They are - my neighbour has one to guard her flock of alpacas, but

the
sodding thing spends more time on her bed that outside and he's had

have 2 hip operations and he's still only a young dog.

That is a shame, the future doesn't look too bright for him then.

Never fear, that dog will have the best of care for as long as his
life can possibly be extended. The rest of us resort to the bullet if
need be but not her.

She had a Warmblood mare that injured its foot and the foot had to be
bandaged every day as it wouldn't heal. She kept that horse alive and
well for 3 whole years before it finally died as a complication of
giving birth - nothing to do with the foot.

She sacrificed her garden as the only truly safe and secure place that
she could guarantee that this horse was protected and wouldn't face
any further trauma was her garden, so there it lived looking thorough
the window and talking to the other horses over the fence. I'd hate
to think how much she spent in bandages alone let alone the weekly
vets visits - I know he charges a minimum of $80 for a home visit and
the garden when the horse was finished with it was - well, 'finished'
as a garden.