Old 24-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Phisherman

Default Lawn questions

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:07:07 GMT, "Jane"
wrote:

In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

I don't know when to do any of them in zone 6b. Maryland

Thank you,
Jane

Milky spore can be applied at any time. The Jap grubs are 6" down in
the soil and will be eating their way to the surface in two or three
months. Crabgrass preemergent should be applied the week when you see
dandelions bloom in your neighborhood--should be about now. I would
not apply a weed killer to the entire lawn--it is best to spray each
weed on a warm, sunny spring day. Consult your local nursery to find
out the best times of the year to fertilize. Generally, fall feeding
is the most important.