Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Now brooding over bantams.

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

:-)) Years ago I had a rooster that did the same thing to me. I
called him Darryl after a swaggering but good looking fellow I

worked
with who had a similar rooster-like focus on women.

I once had Darryl fly at me and rip my calf to shreds.

Unfortunately
for Darryl there was piece of 4x2 lying next to me when he

attacked
and I swung it and knocked poor old Darryl unconscious. I thought

I'd
killed the poor thing but he came to and was as good (or is that

as
bad?) as ever. I eventually had to do him in because he was so
dangerous but he got the final revenge as he was as tough as an

old
boot.

I wonder if the OP is still going to get some dear little

bantams.....

Well if it's any consolation to him, Darryl was not a bantie :-)) The
foxes did for my banties (Chloe and Creswell) because the silly things
would roost in trees rather than go into the chook house at night.