Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default More phew!

Sacha wrote:
: Thank goodness the wind has gone, at least for now. We didn't have
: much damage here but the lanes are absolutely strewn with small
: branches, twigs, leaves etc. It's been horrendous and some poor
: people have lost their lives.
: But we still couldn't call it really cold here - wonder if it's
: actually going to 'do' winter or whether it will remain as it is and
: we'll have a genuinely early spring. One of our camellias is out
: earlier than usual and the fronds of one of the tree ferns have
: barely turned colour at all.

Down to 2 celsius on Saturday night according to the met office but back to
semi tropical in the daytime
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html