Old 12-01-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default small worms in potatoes

On 12/1/07 11:24, in article
, "Andy"
wrote:

Squidgy like a slug.

I hadn't crossed my mind that it could be a slug problem.
The allotment I'm using had been unused for years so maybe there were
more problems with slugs than usual. I did grow some earlies and they
weren't nearly as badly effected. I thought it was because they were a
different variety.

snip

Some could be more prone to the problem than others, I wouldn't know. I'd
suggest you do a little internet research on the use of Nematodes which are
very effective. But the treatment must be kept up.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk