Old 12-01-2007, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Now brooding over bantams.

Sacha wrote:
[...]

Now - back to these bantams, are they always vicious little brutes or were
you and Ray just unlucky? I kept hens for a short while in a Jersey garden
and found that in a dozen of them, they always seemed to pick on one which
would get 'trodden' almost daily by the others (we had no cockerel) and who
was pecked and harried and left almost bald by the 'sisters'. It was a
really rather horrible business.[...]

I don't know; but there are so many miniature breeds that I imagine
their character varies a lot. I'm guessing that the aggressive ones are
more closely related to the original East Indies bantams, or to the old
gamecocks, than to the tamer breeds.

--
Mike.