Old 12-01-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default fillin' feeders,serious lilac whacking encounters,findin'treasures, and stumblin' across Winter Hellebore fairies..........

On 11/1/07 23:17, in article ,
"madgardener" wrote:

Howdy, madgardener here......after careening through the countryside on
errands of vehicular kinds, I arrived back homewards to Fairy Holler and
went rootin' for the Japanese Soboten women's hand pruners, I was aimin'
for some serious encounters with half wakening lilac's and to finally
whack that fleshy stem that has been trod and driven over of a rather
exuberant Zebrina that has sprung up next to the heavily traffiked
sliver of island next to the driveway. Dawgs, all THREE of them (there
is a new muttley added to the Fairy Holler canine crew.......a little
what the hell that is terrier sized, marked like a lil'
Doberman/Rottie/?? who has been so dubbed OoDee, because he IS the other
dawg, and is the colors of both Sugar AND Smeagol...down to the curled
tail.....) were safely dropped inside, I didn't feel like puppers racing
through where I was going to be whackin'seriously on some lilacs.

snip

And we think we might be in for an early spring! Reading this makes me
feel so envious. I can say that we sympathise entirely with your battles
with Vinca - heaven knows how many yards we've pulled out of this place. And
I note you have Kerria. Hmmmmmm ;-) You've got it forever!
Lovely description of an energetic day, Maddy. Thank you.

Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/