Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default More phew!

"Sacha" wrote ..
Thank goodness the wind has gone, at least for now. We didn't have much
damage here but the lanes are absolutely strewn with small branches,
twigs,
leaves etc. It's been horrendous and some poor people have lost their
lives.
But we still couldn't call it really cold here - wonder if it's actually
going to 'do' winter or whether it will remain as it is and we'll have a
genuinely early spring. One of our camellias is out earlier than usual
and
the fronds of one of the tree ferns have barely turned colour at all.

Yes we have a camellia in full flower now ,Madame de Strekaloff, about two
months early although the others seem to still have their buds tight, our
Tree fern hasn't changed since last summer at all and our fish were
searching for food like mad yesterday and today. The citrus trees are
flowering well and fruit is ripening. If I don't get my Pleonies repotted
soon they will be starting into flower and I won't be able to this year.
Part of next doors fence blew over into our garden yesterday taking our
Clematis alpina trellis with it, so that plant has had to be cut right back
to untangle it from the debris, no flowers this year.

And we can't get onto the allotment it's so waterlogged, so that's well
behind, the Thames looks like it might flood again and we still have a
hosepipe ban!!! Something wrong somewhere.

--
Regards
Bob H