Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Now brooding over bantams.

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

:-)) Years ago I had a rooster that did the same thing to me. I
called him Darryl after a swaggering but good looking fellow I

worked
with who had a similar rooster-like focus on women.

I once had Darryl fly at me and rip my calf to shreds.

Unfortunately
for Darryl there was piece of 4x2 lying next to me when he

attacked
and I swung it and knocked poor old Darryl unconscious. I thought

I'd
killed the poor thing but he came to and was as good (or is that

as
bad?) as ever. I eventually had to do him in because he was so
dangerous but he got the final revenge as he was as tough as an

old
boot.

I wonder if the OP is still going to get some dear little

bantams.....

Well if it's any consolation to him, Darryl was not a bantie :-)) The
foxes did for my banties (Chloe and Creswell) because the silly things
would roost in trees rather than go into the chook house at night.

One of my neighbours tried to keep ducks unbeknown to me, and I kept finding
eggs buried in the ground, couldn't understand where they were coming from,
then one day found half a duck, and then I found out this neighbour had been
trying to keep them, apparently unaware that there were foxes all around.

Alan