Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] gardenseeker@btconnect.com is offline

Default Daffodil Planting

wrote:
FragileWarrior wrote:
"Tomes" wrote in
link.net:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I purchased several different varieties of daffodils and I'm wondering
how I should go about planting them. Should I mix all the bulbs up
or plant several different areas with one variety?

-Fleemo

I do it both ways, planting about 100 bulbs per year all over the
place. If I were you, not knowing what you wish, I would try it both
ways and see how you like it. As Emilie says, you can always move
them later. Tomes

Also I personally feel that the varieties should be kept together - rather than mixing them up - especially if naturalising in a border or lawns for instance. In pots = you could mix them, but they will probably be a bit uneven in height and maybe even flowering time.
Is it possible to plant bulbs in the spring for spring (late spring?)
blooming? I never seem to get it together in the fall to do the planting
and I kick myself every spring.

Hi - This is my first posting in therse groups - so I hope it works.
You can plant your daffs in the spring - but they will come up a bit
later and flower a little later. Also the flowers will not be as good.
Hope this helps.
Am I allowed to put my gardening site link on here -
www.gardenseeker.com