Old 13-01-2007, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default How I made a Thermostatic propagator for £10.

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message
p.mc wrote:

It works. I now have some seedlings. The heater cost me less than a
tenner on Ebay from a reputable firm. The other stuff I had anyway
but buying it would have been less than another tenner I suppose.

It
is big saving on the
cost of a conventional propagator.

I like your spirit of invention. Why pay for something that you

could
already make for yourself, considering you have the time and
inclination. And I bet you got a real feeling of satisfaction as

well
:-))
Maybe you could take a piccy of it so we can all admire it.

How about a few wicks from the water reservoir into the compost to

save you
from watering too?

And a float valve to keep it topped up: available from most good skips.

--
Mike.