Old 13-01-2007, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default wildflowers

"K" wrote in message
Kate Morgan writes
I would like to turn one corner of the garden and possibly down the
drive into a wildflower patch and cannot decide which to use, seeds or
plugs, any advice or thoughts appreciated

Arguments for seeds:
Plugs are more expensive - possibly prohibitive for a large area
Seeds are can be more fun, and give greater sense of pride
Seeds may be easier to source

Arguments for plugs
Plugs transfer the risks of non-germination or damping off from you to the
nurseryman.
If you are trying to plant into grass, plugs give a greater chance of
success (still better to strip the grass and start from scratch)
Emerging seedlings are susceptible to slugs (but of course you can grow
your own plugs from seed)
Kay

Maybe a combination of both :~))

I have a couple of packets of wildflower seed bought a couple of years ago
in Canada.....I wonder if they are still viable?
Jenny