Old 13-01-2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

"JohnS" wrote in :

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"JohnS" wrote in :

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Indian arrowhead. Old bottles frm 1800s. Old rusty pipe joint.

Back in NY:

I found an Indian pendant stone. My house was on a well known
portage route between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario along the Niagara
gorge.

Clay marbles, too, and a small leg from a porcelain doll.

And a complete brick pathway which ran from the house through the
backyard for 90' or so...

Here in Indiana:

Medicine bottles. Apparently a doctor had a house/office nearby and
he used what is now the horse pasture and our backyard as a dumping
ground. My draft horse generally destroys the bottles that pop up in
the pasture but not always -- sometimes I get one out intact.

Keep watch. Maybe something of great value comes up. Some old bottles
have good value.

My horse recently demolished a medicine bottle of lovely lavender
colored, clear glass. I suspect that one might have had some value.