Old 13-01-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Ginger

judith lea wrote:
I bought and forgot that I had bought some ginger before Christmas. I
see that it has put out a very nice little green shoot on the side,
can I plant this?

Yes... when i have tried it you get a splendid long shoot, almost ba,boo
like. But then it rots on me. I have tried all variations of light and water
i can manage here.

Any tips would be great as this is one plant that has me stumped... (long
shoot is good in tea and cooking if you get it before it rots)

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA