Old 13-01-2007, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Ginger

"judith lea" asked:
I bought and forgot that I had bought some ginger before Christmas. I
see that it has put out a very nice little green shoot on the side, can
I plant this?

---
Yes now. Indoors, in a pot using two parts peat, one part loam and one part
sharp sand. The ginger rhizome should be 3/4 buried lengthways in the
compost and grown indoors in a sunny position until July and August when it
can be grown outside. Water well during the summer months. Only give it
liquid manure, (Baby Bio will do), when it is in flower. The flower/s, if
you are very lucky, will be white and very fragrant.

MikeCT