Old 13-01-2007, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Ginger

On 13/1/07 20:11, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"judith lea" wrote in message
ps.com...
I bought and forgot that I had bought some ginger before Christmas. I
see that it has put out a very nice little green shoot on the side, can
I plant this?

You have just reminded me, I noticed some green shoots coming out of the
bird feeder, all the rain must have started the seed thinking it should
start growing!

I just emptied a mini lawn out of the one outside my study window today,
grass shoots and all. When I looked closely, the whole thing was one mat of
roots in its plastic tube.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk