Old 14-01-2007, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default And by way of contrast......

On 14/1/07 10:55, in article
, "DavePoole Torquay"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

we had a *very* slight frost here this morning. High winds came back for a
bit yesterday afternoon, which was worrying but they died away quickly.
Today is clear and sunny with just a touch of cloud about.

Last night was the coldest night so far this month, but with the
overnight low of 6C there wasn't any frost. Lovely, still and
cloudless down here on the coast. I had a mooch about earlier on and
noticed that Veltheimia bracteata is already sending up its pokers.
Usually the flowers appear in late March, but it looks as though they
will be a good six weeks early this year. Finger crossed that the
slugs don't get to them.

Can't equal that but we've noticed that weeds are flourishing - Ray did a
huge clear out yesterday in our own parking area and round the square
fishpond. And the Thalictrum flavum glaucum is showing through by several
inches, as are the leaves of Allium Purple Globemaster.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk