Old 14-01-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Worm casts

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message
Thanks for the advice, but once upon a time I seem to remember spreading
(watering can) a chemical on the lawn which attracted worms to the
surface. Raked them up and dumped them on the compost heap.
I could be wrong, but I note that the acres of greens on golf courses are
devoid of worm casts.
Alistair

Yes, you are correct. I don't know if there is a modern day equivalent but
at one time Lead Arsenate was used to rid lawns/greens of worms.
Not a nice chemical and I guess it was banned decades ago.
I've had a quick Google and there is a bit of info here about "Worm
Slaughtering"
http://www.oxfordcroquet.com/care/se....asp#WPTOHTML5