Old 14-01-2007, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Box hedging help.

Draven wrote:
Can anyone help me with my box that I'm trying to grow a hedge out of.
Some of my past plants have had this problem and I replaced them.
Now a Plant that is three years old has had it happen to it.
What is it, is there a cure and how can I stop it happening to the rest of
the plants?
Here is a picture of the plant.
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1587/01050001mz4.jpg

Usually waterlogging after a dry spell does this. I use lots of buxus
(lavender and rosemary) on my allotment forming enclosures and grow
salads, herbs and lots of sorrel at the centre (I like the contrast of
the leaves colours but also experiment with designs). I often find a
discolored branch. I simply remove and burn just in case it's a disease
like blight. I cut right right back, as far as I can reach but I
wouldn't change the whole plant though.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0905/buxus.asp