Old 15-01-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Rubber Mulch - Opinions

Me wrote:
I have been thinking about going with rubber mulch around my shrubs. I know
it is more expensive but between putting down another inch or two every year
and the 2-3 times per season of breaking the mulch up, i think the cost is
worth it. I have been reading positives and negatives on the internet but
because the positives are from the manufacturer and the negatives are from
organic based groups, it is hard to get a "honest" opinion plus most of the
info i have been finding is 2-3 years old. Any one have recent experiences
they would like to share? I am looking at Rubberstuff and
Rubberific...leaning towards Rubberific due to the their grind of the
rubber.

No experience but if this stuff is ground up tires, I don't think I
would want it around my house because of possible persistant nature of
rubber additives and curing agents.
Frank