Old 15-01-2007, 01:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default Question about lawn tractor tires

Art wrote:
wrote:
My tractor originally came with 15x6.00-6 and 20x10.00-8 tires. Can I
use a different size tire on the original wheel. Say a 15x5.00-6 on
the front for example?

Yes the 15 x 5.00 -6 will work but it will be about 1" narrower. That
might cause some rutting when turning if the front end is heavy. If you
already have these tires then they will probably be just fine. If you
haven't bought them yet, I would suggest that you stay with the original
size. You could get them here
http://www.outdoordistributors.com/C...turfsaver.html
for about $19.00 each which is a pretty good price.

--
Art

Thanks for that clarification on tire size (and correcting the other
poster.) Yes, I've been looking at the Carlise tires but what I need
is more of a winter tire (I can't use chains.) They have a snow-hog
tire but the closest size is 15x5-6 (instead of 15x6-6) for the front
tires. So I think I will go with those. For the rear they don't have
a "snow tire" to fit the 20x10-8 but they have the "super lug" style
which is one of their "big biters" but I'm not sure how they are in
snow vs dirt.
http://www.carlisletire.com/products...lug/index.html

For summer I'm going to try the Carlise Turf Master they look nice:
http://www.carlisletire.com/products...ter/index.html