Old 14-01-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Worm casts

On 14/1/07 15:58, in article ,
"Alistair Macdonald" wrote:

I appreciate all the advice given, and have noted all the "watch its"
However it becomes the lesser of two evils. I have high worm casts at more
than one per square foot. If they are still there, and still wet when the
time comes to carry out my first mowing, I know from past experience that my
rotary blades will deposit vast quantities of mud inside the covering - not
good for the machine nor for my knees.
Alistair

Rake them out first, Alistair. Don't try to mow over them. But above all,
if you value your lawn as clear you do, don't try to rid it of worms!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk