Old 14-01-2007, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default How I made a Thermostatic propagator for £10.

....and you could run a tube from the greenhouse gutter into the cut-out
inverted bottom of the bottle to fill the reservoir / bottle up when it
rains - so as to save 'watering the reservoir'!

Naturally the forementioned, emergency float valve would also need to be
fitted, (plumbed up like a lavatory) - in case of drought.

Goodness, I do believe we have just invented the robotic, 'friendly'
neighbour - who will *reliably* take care of things when we ever dare to go
on holiday.... ;-)

Keith

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message
Mike Lyle wrote:
I like your spirit of invention. Why pay for something that you
could already make for yourself, considering you have the time and
inclination. And I bet you got a real feeling of satisfaction as
well :-))
Maybe you could take a piccy of it so we can all admire it.

How about a few wicks from the water reservoir into the compost to
save you from watering too?

And a float valve to keep it topped up: available from most good
skips.

--
Mike.

An inverted, full, 2 litre plastic bottle (with the neck just below the
surface) gives a fairly large, automatic top up supply....

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA