Old 15-01-2007, 10:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka Reka is offline

Default Cattleya George Baldwin and Lc Ermine or C Ermine or Blc Ermine

JOHN WHISTLER wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone give me any information about C George Baldwin and also Ermine.
Not sure about Ermine whether it is a Blc.,C, or Lc hybrid.
Thank you,
John Whistler

Well, in the absence of the experts, I'll give a stab at it. It could be
either C. or Blc. Ermine. Both are probably pink, both complex hybrids.
The only difference I could see is a probability of a larger lip on the
Blc. due to dowiana and B. digbyana influence.

There is an Lc. George Baldwin. It should be pink with a large fuchsia
lip, eventual yellow throat. It is mainly mossiae and warscewiczii.

I am a novice, so wait for the experts' opinion!

Do you own these?

Reka