Old 15-01-2007, 11:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Potting mix ?

odonata28 (Linda) wrote:
I bought what I was lead to believe was good quality potting mix...meanwhile
my happy plant is miserable and my japonica is dead.
What happened I thought I was doing them a treat (they've thrived in sand)
It was a Christmas present for my plants.
Any ideas what I've done wrong?
ta
Linda

Happy news, happy plants, they are almost impossible to kill!
But as you made it unhappy, we will have to work out some sort of
punishment. I know
Go and click on the links.
Find out the answers yourself...
and dont come back till youve found the answer.
The Dracaena species is increasingly popular because they are decorative
and possess amazing powers of resistance. They are almost impossible to
kill. The only danger is of drowning when the plant is set in a plastic
pot. Use in offices and living rooms to purify air. They may be left
undisturbed for years on end. Mind you, the Term "happy plant" is used
for a few plants. Make sure you have the right one.
It is probably drainage in this case.
http://heartgarden.com.au/description.asp?id=18
Some info on
Potting mixes.