Old 15-01-2007, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Ginger

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"judith lea" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
I keep any ginger that I can't use immediately in a jar of sherry

in
the fridge - works well as I can then use both the remaining

ginger
and the flavoured sherry in cooking later on..

That sounds good, instead of Ginger Beer, Ginger Sherry, you might

have
found a market opportunity there!

:-)) I don't know that I'd actually like to drink the stuff (and I
drink so little that I could always name the date when I've been
drinking if I was ever to be breathalised by the police), but it IS a
nice addition to Asian (not Indian Sub continent) recipes and cold
zucchini soup in summer and a few other hot soups in winter.

Various asian dishes call for both sherry and ginger (a favourite in our
household is Korean beef) so ginger sherry will suffice there.

That said, first ginger beer, then ginger sherry, the next progression will
be ginger vodka and finally ginger meths.

rob