Old 15-01-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Worm casts

On 15/1/07 12:29, in article ,
"Alistair Macdonald" wrote:

That's it then! The general consensus seems to be - stay with the worms, and
that is what I plan to do.
A point. Golf course greenkeepers have campaigned for years to have metal
spikes banned, or at least discouraged, on the course. They were damaging
the greens. They are succeeding. My golf club professional now, out of every
four pairs of golf shoes sold, three are with rubber "spikes".
Just thought I'd mention it!
Alistair

Probably less dangerous for the players, too, when acting out their
frustrations! ;-) BTW, with regard to your lawn, has this worm thing
*always* been a problem or is it just recently? I ask because my impression
is that worms come to the surface in wetter weather. Certainly I know
blackbirds will stamp on the surface to bring worms up because they think
it's raining - I've even seen them doing it and it's rather comical. If it
IS a recent problem, it might go away when - if - drier weather comes.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk