Old 15-01-2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Just plain mint?

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:09:52 -0600, Omelet

"Just plain mint" would be spearmint. (You don't have to tell your mother
that.) HTH :-)

Seconded... ;-)
Yeah, but my mother specifically said she doesn't want spearmint. So,
I'm back to square one. I'm thinking the _Mentha Arvensis_ is what she
wants. Hmmm, a quick google turns up wild mint, field mint, or corn
mint as common names.

http://www.missouriplants.com/Blueop...nsis_page.html

I think you all for clarifying that spearmint is common mint.

Lie babe.

It works.

The cat would sorta be out of the bag when she tasted it. She knows
what flavor she wants, she just doesn't know which mint produces it.

Penelope

Is there a health food store nearby that sells bulk herbs? Buy some
dried spearmint, apple mint, and bee balm (also called bergamot), and
let your mom try them and see which is closest. (I bet it's the
spearmint or the bee balm)

If you are really luck, they will have spearmint that is just labeled
"mint". ;-)

Bob