Old 15-01-2007, 05:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy[_1_] Cindy[_1_] is offline

Default This great cold weather

* Jangchub wrote, On 1/14/2007 12:16 PM:

Gee I hope he died of natural causes. He's been our friend for seven
years and never bothered a thing out in the gardens. He did like his
sunflower seeds.

I saw one close up for the first time in the garden center at Lowe's the other
night. I wandered around behind him for awhile watching. Such a strange animal!

I thought an animal dying of natural causes would do so in privacy.
One day we'll live in the wilderness and I won't have to deal with
murdering *******s as neighbors. At least they won't be unnatural
murderers.

I saw the Horse Whisperer for the first time this month and I am
totally enthralled with the high plains and Rocky Mountains of Utah
and Montana, but it is truly frozen tundra for a very long period of
time every year.

Sure is. I can't speak for Utah, but grew up in Montana. It's also very dry --
12" average annual rainfall in the plains and very little snow cover in winter,
though mountainous areas fare better. And COLD and WINDY. I miss it though.
If only because my entire family lives there.

Cindy