Old 16-01-2007, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Buzzy Buzzy is offline

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

About 5 yrs. ago, I went to put my watch on to go to work. Couldn't find
it. It was a nice one too. A Digital Casio Astronomers watch with the
planets that moved and everything. I figured that one of my kids friends
snatched it from my bedroom dresser while I was somewhere else. Two
years later, after raking up an area where I had a nice pile of mulch
sitting under a tarp for the longest time, I noticed a glimmer of light
coming from the ground. The reflection of the sun off of something. Half
way buried was my watch!! Two years later!!! I took it inside, opened it
up and let it sit to dry for a week. Picked up a new battery and sure
enough, it worked!! I've bought Casio ever since. The crystal was really
scuffed and scratched, but it worked. I have it put away now, but it's
still working!

--
- Buzzys' Stall Wall -
www.buzzys.net