Old 16-01-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Somewhere new to for fishy talk

BoyPete wrote:

The very first thing you have to do is register. No thanks.

Derek, may I ask why? The only personal info required is a valid email,
which is not visible.
I'd like anyone with a a genuine interest to join us.

I hate web forums. Google Groups is almost acceptable, because I can get
everything as email, but it has problems too.

Web forums encourage people not to quote. In fact, on a couple of mail
lists I subscribe to that are gated to web forums, forum posters get
annoyed with quoting. That means I often can't read conversations
_conversationally_ (different web software does it better or worse - but
none as good as my new reader).

I don't even like the idea of moderated newsgroups, but I'm driven to it...
--
derek