Old 16-01-2007, 08:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
Petesin Petesin is offline

Default Repotting Dwarf Lemon

I got a dwarf lemon tree as a present for christmas and I am now going to
put it into a bigger pot. As I have very limited gardening experience I was
hoping to get a couple of questions answered to help it survive.

1. It has spent the last 2 days in the car travelling with me in the
air-con. Looks like it didn't mind too much but should i leave the
repotting for a few days to let it settle back into the real world?

2. What should I put into the bigger pot to fill it all in? Will just any
old potting mix do?

3. How should i treat the original soil around the roots when I transplant?
Leave it as is and just dump the big block of soil straight into the bigger
pot and fill in around it or should I break the soil away from around the
roots before i replant?

4. What about watering. Any tips for that?

Thanks heaps for any help you can give. I have came home to a few dead
vegie plants (been away 4 1/2 weeks) so i don't want to lose anymore.

Cheers
Petesin