Old 16-01-2007, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default heating a mini polythene greenhouse

Gardening_Convert wrote:
I received a small 3 tier polythene greenhouse for xmas and want to
use to grow some seeds of which I have many this year.

I put it up and check the temp in it and it was only around 7c at
approx 4 pm in the afternoon.

If I put seeds into unheated propogators with this greenhouse will
this be sufficient for them to grow or will it be too cold at the
moment ?

I was trying to get some sweet pea seeds going before it's too late
and the apparently only need around 10c - 15c

I was also going to grow geraniums in a heated propogator which I can
plug in and leave in the green house as it has an electric point right
next to it.

or should I look at some sort of heating for the greenhouse but given
that it is small and polythene what would be suitable to heat it with.

I am trying to keep the seeds outside in the new greenhouse to protect
them from my wife and children who don't give them as much regard as I
do !!!

suggestions please or do I just need to wait until it's warmer to use
these greenhouse ?

A tube heater? Usually 60W or 100W. Such as this......
http://www.cnmonline.co.uk/Tubular-Heating-c-213.html
HTH
--
ßôyþëtë